17 January 2007

I'm trapped....

I am trapped. We were planning on leaving San Antonio yesterday when we were hit with the "ARTIC BLAST"

There are 23,000 people here without power and people are sleeping in their cars because they can't find hotels. The airports have been closed and all the flights got cancelled. Bummer.... My good friend Brian Woolum made it out on the last flight

The schools are closed - all the restaurants are closed, the roads and airport are closed.

I hope to make it home later today but it doesn't look promising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why you don't live in Texas! When the weather turns to freezing rain and sleet, everything shuts down! People don't know how to drive in this weather, and we typically don't prepare for ice with salt and sand as they do up north. I'm sorry your trapped though. It's not any better up here where I am. If y'all had a way to drive up to East texas, I;d make y'all a bowl of Texas chili.
At least you got to enjoy San Antonio for a few days before the ice.
Dana-

ShareThis